Poldrate Mill

The Poldrate Mill building offers facilities for pottery, sculpture, glass making, upholstery, spinning and weaving through the Poldrate Arts and Crafts Centre.

Further Detail

Poldrate Arts & Crafts Centre

History

Built on the site of the mediaeval Kirk Mill, the present buildings are largely 18th Century. Milling operations ceased in 1965, but what remains is the only one of Haddington's three mills which still displays much of its traditional form.

Located at the southern boundary of Haddington (East Lothian) on the River Tyne, Poldrate Mill provides an important community facility run and owned by the Lamp of Lothian Trust. Poldrate Mill was previously owned by the Morrison family, and was in use until the late 1960s.

The Mill now offers facilities for pottery, sculpture, glass making, upholstery and spinning and weaving through the Poldrate Arts and Crafts Centre.

The Lamp's next major project is likely to be the upgrading of this building to provide more appropriate facilities.

Photo Gallery

Poldrate Mill When this photograph of female mill workers was taken in 1905, the Mill produced a product called, 'Shepherd Oats'. Upholstery classes at Poldrate Mill Pottery classes at Poldrate Mill Lamp Work classes at Poldrate Mill